Here is the latest Fredericksburg Market snapshot for October 2012 from the Metropolitan Regional Information System MRIS. Click here for the full report. The numbers cover the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline, and King George.
- Median housing prices rose in the Fredericksburg area for the ninth-straight month in October compared with the year before.
- The median sales price for Fredericksburg-area homes that sold last month through the Multiple Listing Service was $223,050.
- That was up 11.5 percent from October 2011.
- There were 332 homes sold locally through the MLS in October, up 5.4 percent year-over-year. About 16.6 percent of the sales were foreclosures. Eleven of the sales were for more than $500,000.
- Homes spent 63 days on the market on average before selling and sold for about a 6 percent discount to the list price.
- Based on last month’s sales volume, there was about a 4.3-month supply of homes on the market at the end of October.